To start testing of LED Driver We need to have below setup-
- Test and Measurement Instrument with Harmonics Measurement
- Testing LED Device with Specifications
- Micro SD Card or Computer
- Wires or Connecting Probe
- AC Power Supply
- We are using SPEA-1 which is developed and manufactured by Embuilt Technologies. You can also use other single Phase Power Analyzers from Fluke or Yokogawa. We have taken SPEA-1 beacuase it has some advanced features which makes testing easier.
- We have taken 0.5Watt LED bulb for testing. Generally low watt devices are not tested by some instruments and 0.5 Watt led bulbs are used widely as night lamp.
- Both SD Card and Computer (You can use one of them or both).
- Connecting Probe are used
- Single Phase Variac for variable power supply.
Testing and Measurement Instrument (Embuilt SPEA-1)
We have taken SPEA-1 which is manufactured by Embuilt Technolgies for testing of LED Drivers/SMPS/Single Phase AC devices with harmonics.
It has various parameters –
AC Volt, AC- Amps, AC Watt, PF, Frequnecy, Voltage THD, Amps THD.
Voltage and Current Harmonics upto 55th Level.
Advanced parameter such as Crest Factor, Form Factor, Peak , Average and RMS of Voltage and Current.
SD Card Support for Reporting and Data Logging. For more details visit www.embuilt.com.
You can also use others power analyzer such as YokogawaWT310 .
Alarm Limit Specifications
To start testing first we specify the testing parameters Limits and enter in the software provided with SPEA-1.
(Optional) Connect Software with SPEA-1 to insert the testing model limits. This is one time requirement. Once the model limits are saved in SPEA-1, it will not remove on system off. It will store in SPEA-1 permanent memory. It can be replaced by another using software.
Insert Micro SD Card in its slot. All production reports on write button click will save here.