To start testing of LED Driver We need to have below setup-
- Test and Measurement Instrument with Harmonics Measurement
- Testing LED Device with Specifications
- Wires or Connecting Probe
- AC Power Supply
- We are using DTM-1 which is developed and manufactured by Embuilt Technologies. You can also use other single Phase Power Analyzers from Fluke or Yokogawa. We have taken DTM-1 because it has some advanced features which make testing easier.
- We have taken 0.5 Watt LED bulb for testing. Generally, low watt devices are not tested by some instruments and 0.5 Wattage led bulbs are used widely as a night lamp.
- Both SD Card and Computer (You can use one of them or both).
- Connecting Probe is used
- Single Phase Variac for variable power supply.
Testing and Measurement Instrument (DTM-1)
We have taken DTM-1 which is manufactured by Embuilt Technologies for testing of LED Drivers/SMPS/Single Phase AC devices with harmonics.
It has various parameters –
AC Volt, AC- Amps, AC Watt, PF, Frequency, Voltage THD, Amps THD.
Voltage and Current Harmonics up to 55th Level.
DC Volt, DC- Amps, DC Watt and Efficiency.
Advanced parameter such as Crest Factor, Form Factor, Peak, Average and RMS of Voltage and Current.
Internal memory to Support for Reporting and Data Logging. For more details visit www.embuilt.com.
You can also use other power analyzers such as Yokogawa WT310 .
Alarm Limit Specifications
To start testing first we specify the testing parameters Limits and enter in the software provided with DTM-1.
(Optional) Connect Software with DTM-1 to insert the testing model limits. This is one time requirement. Once the model limits are saved in DTM-1, it will not remove on system off. It will store in DTM-1 permanent memory. It can be replaced by another using software.
Insert Pen-drive in its slot. All production reports on write button click or automatic(as setting) will save here.